Re: .forward syntax

Lo, on Monday, January 15, Ayman Haidar did write:

> I haven't used .forward file for a long time. if you use fetchmail and
> procmail (of course I do) you can add this line to .fetchmailrc
> 	mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"
>
> I hope this helps

Since most of the MTAs shipped with Linux distributions are configured to
use procmail as their default MDA, the above is unnecessary.  For instance,
exim under potato and sendmail under RedHat 6.2 both hand all messages off
to procmail for local delivery, without the aid of a .forward or
.fetchmailrc file.

Richard