Re: Compiling OpenGL apps for Nvidia

And Romain Lerallut <lerallut@eleves.enpc.fr> gave word to the
following thoughts:

-|cc -o origami origami.o -L../libglut -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib
-|-L/home/romain/OpenGL/opengl_for_x/glut/libglut -lglut -lGL -lGLU
-lXmu
-|-lXext -lX11 -lm
-|origami.o: In function `display':
-|origami.o(.text+0x655): undefined reference to `glPolygonOffsetEXT'
-|origami.o(.text+0x6ac): undefined reference to `glPolygonOffsetEXT'
-|collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Getting the NVidia GL drivers to work and even to *build* OpenGL-based
software has cost me quite some time until I found this place:

http://lhd.zdnet.com/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Nvidia-OpenGL-Configuration-mini-HOWTO/index.html

After doing a more or less step-by-step installation as pointed out in
this HOWTO, I built 'openuniverse' the same evening, after having
right those errors, before. Somehow, it *seems* the NVidia driver
works with MESA 3.4 headers, but somehow all this stuff is more or
less suspicious to me.... Hope this helps, anyhow... :)

Regards & bye,
Kris
--
"These outrageous events break through the peaceful silence.
 Into a fragile community enters madness, insanity...

Kristian Rink
paper: +49 180 5052 5560 8162
phone: +49 174 5360871
icq  : 48874445 (Krishna)