radius-livingston 2.1

hey!
I need some help with radius-livingston 2.1, hope I'm not in the wrong
list, couldn't find the right list a livingston.com. Anyway, that's the
problem: I run radius 2.1, the users were in the <users>-file and the
password was in plain-text. Now I use the "Crypt-Password" check item -
that means I'm able to encrypt the password (with c- function crypt()),
but it seems that it only works when I use PAP. And if I use PAP, the
transmission isn't encrypted ( using CHAP, it is -> correct me if I'm
wrong!). But I need a way to encrypt the passwords AND the transmission.
Ideas?

thanks und have a nice week!
florian
btw, I access the radius server with windows clients ...

--
with kind regards
Florian Steurer - ISPM, ++41 1 465 3786