installing very new packages?

I am new to Debian (coming from Mandrake) and I don't yet know how to
do things the "Debian Way" so please excuse my ignorance and naive
questions. I have tried to read the documentation but the packaging
system is difficult for me to understand with all the different programs
out there (apt, dselect, dpkg).

I want to upgrade a package, newsclipper, from 1.17 to 1.28. The
version 1.28 was just uploaded to the ftp pools about a week ago. I
cannot find the 1.28 package by searching the normal package locations
(http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages), only the older version.

However, I have found the .deb file in
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/newsclipper/

My question is, what is the best way to install this package? Should
I use apt-get (if so, how should I modify the sources list?), dpkg,
dselect, etc.?

Also, newsclipper_1.28 seems to depend on a file liblockfile-simple-perl
that I cannot find anywhere. How should I handle this?

Thanks for your help and your patience.

--
"Erik Reuter" <ereuter@erikreuter.net>       http://www.erikreuter.com/