Re: GDM dont work

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 07:07:36PM +0100, Olivier Billet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've the folowing issue : when I loggin under gdm I blinks like it's going to launch a window manager, but it dont do anything and then goes back to the login prompt.
>
> I tried with different users, so i think it's not related to the dotfiles of each user.
>
> Anyone seeing what's wrong ?

I had a similar problem with xdm. In desperation I installed wdm and used that
for a while but then decided to uninstall it and go back to using startx as things
got a bit unstable with it. As a last ditch though I tried xdm and it worked
thereafter.

I suggest you look in gdm's logfiles (I dunno what/where they are) and see if
you're getting errors that basically say that you don't have the right resources
to run on that display. If so you have the same hassle I had.

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)

	'We do more then just sing and dance. We've got a brain too.'
		-- The Backstreet Boys