X issues

I inadvertently deleted /etc/X11 yesterday, and have been working to get
it back up. Version 4.0.1

apt-get install task-x-window-system

Worked...but

No dexter.  Didn't configure XF86Config for me.  xf86config sorta
worked, it says:

XKB rules file '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86' not found
Keyboard XKB options will be set to default values.

---
No sawfish.

debian:~# sawfish
rep: received fatal signal: Segmentation fault

struct debug_buf common:

Backtrace in `fatal_signal_handler':
	<__libc_sigaction+504>
	<Fdefault_value+560>
	<Fset+39>
	<colors_init+268>
	<main+321>
	<__libc_start_main+204>
	<_start+33>

Lisp backtrace:

Segmentation fault
--

Twm says:

twm:  invalid color name "black"
twm:  invalid color name "white"
twm:  invalid color name "slategrey"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
twm:  invalid color name "gray70"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
twm:  invalid color name "gray85"
--

GColorsel

One or more files can not be restored: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt

--

XF86Setup

debian:~# XF86Setup
Warning CHIPSET specification missing in Card database entry S3 Savage4
(line 1442).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9420 (generic) (line 2186).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9440 (generic) (line 2191).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9660 (generic) (line 2196).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9680 (generic) (line 2201).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
Cyber 9320 (generic) (line 2218).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
Cyber 939a (generic) (line 2241).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
Cyber 9520 (generic) (line 2252).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
Providia 9682 (generic) (line 2275).
Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
Providia 9685 (generic) (line 2280).
Warning CHIPSET specification missing in Card database entry Intel 810
(line 2919).
Warning CHIPSET specification missing in Card database entry Intel 740
(generic) (line 2925).
Couldn't determine where you have XFree86 installed.
If you have XFree86 properly installed, set the XWINHOME environment
 variable to point to the parent directory of the XFree86 bin directory.

--
XFree86 -configure gives black screen, I can't Ctrl-Alt-Bksp out of at,
I can't switch vterms.

--

What's wrong?  Please cc a reply to me.  Cl Riva TNT.

Thanks,

Gerry Chu