boot disk problem

Greetings :-)

I'm a new Debian user, and I have a problem with my boot floppy. I saw a
post about a very similar problem in the latest digest: It takes
extremely long time to boot. However, I do not suspect that there is
something wrong with the disk because I have tried several different
disks and they all have the same problem. When I insert the rescue
floppy and enter "rescue root=/dev/hde8" the system boots just fine,
however, I'd like like to avoid this workaround.

My debian version is 2.2_r2, and there is nothing special about my
floppy drive. The various boot floppies were creating during the
installation process using dbootstrap.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Nina Jansen