Re: removing exe files...

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

->Hi to all!
->
->I installed potato at home because I want to move my production system
->from OS/2 to Debian. After two month of playing around with potato, and
->with the great help of people at this list, I am almost ready to stat
->working with Debian. I copyied al my files from the hpfs partition of
->OS/2 (in another disk) to the Debian disk. I have a lot of FORTRAN
->exe files which will not work under potato because they were compiled
->in OS/2. I want to remove them, but they are spreaded in many directories
->and subdirectories.
->How can I remove all of them? I search in the rm documentation (man rm and
->info rm) but I didn't find anything.
->
->Thanks in advance for the help
->
->Marcelo

The "locate" command is your friend when it comes to finding files on
your system.

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com