Re: Getting out of X

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 01:36:48PM -0500, Jeff Binder wrote:
> I tried switching ttys, but nothing happens (or if it does, I can't tell because the screen is white.
> Nothing seems to work. Unless there's some way to interrupt X while it's starting up, I'll have to
> re-install the whole system (Which takes about an hour).

If you can't switch tty, you can always boot in single user mode to change
the permissions of /etc/init.d/xdm as Dave pointed out. Since you're using
an old world mac, I assume you use BootX. Simply add the word 'single' to
the kernel arguments, and boot into Linux to change the permission. You
can then remove it again, and boot normally, but without X starting
automatically.

Hope this helps

--
Karl Söderström