Re: wacky kernel question

On Wed 10 Jan 01,  3:07 PM, Cliff Sarginson said...
> I am glad to see I am not the only oldie on the list :)
> Bring back paper tape and drum storage I say...

in which case you should join the united states air force.  computer
operators are still being trained on papertape / card drives and drum
storage.

i'm having an awfully difficult time trying to understand why linus would
write this code into the kernel.   was it a private walk down nostalgia lane
or is there actually a use for it?

pete

--
Just upgraded to Woody?  Don't have permission to run X?              linux
In Xwrapper.config, change allowed_users from root to console.          -