Re: LDAP auth for some users

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:07:40PM +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

> >Using the current style in /etc/pam.d/login I am asked twice for
> >passwords which I don't want. So I tried converting to the "new style"
> >(value=action) but then it won't work at all.
>
> You need to do something along the lines of:
>
> auth	sufficient	pam_ldap.so
> auth	required	pam_unix.so try_first_pass

Yes. Switched terminals from mutt to lynx and read about
"try_first_pass". Missed it completely on the first three times
through... Anyone know why the clue-by-four hits you only _after_
posting a question to a public forum?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time.

        /regards Anton
--
Have time to waste?  Get Microsoft Windows 3.1!