Re: Kernel 2.4.0 support for potato 2.2r2

Make sure your modutils is up to date with what the kernel expects, you
can find this in /usr/src/<linux>/Documentation/Changes.  This file lists
all the required programs and thier versions to have a working 2.4 system.

The modules for 2.4 are stored in a different hierarchy than 2.2 so your
current modutils cannot find the modules.

you may also look into iptables and devfsd, as they are new additions with
2.4.