Re: Firewall Rules

ipmasq is good way to start ip masq running.

But it has very relaxed policy for ip connection.

I use it with some mod.  I added few new rules which basically
shut off all unused server connection (1-1023) and my ISP's NNTP
portscans.

You will be surprised how much strange connection try I get on
my cable connection.

I keep a copy of my modified scripts in use (tar.gz of /etc/ipmasq)
on my website"s /pub area.  www.aokiconsulting.com/pub/

Also having very tight policy helps to identify the port needed to
be open.

You try VPN first.  Then fail.  You have kernel.log with port number!

Good luck.

Osamu