Re: Wishlist project ?

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 09:36:08PM +0100, Tony Schonfeld wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> With the risk of me repeter I like Debian but it is necessary well to
> acknowledge which one has as handicap the fact that when a release comes
> out, one is always late of a war compared to redhat and others on the
> freshness of the packages.
>
> I believed to understand that there was precisely like project in Debian,
> make so that one can make cohabit several library on a same installation.
> That would make it possible by example to go to seek a software which one
> has very took need and to install it in spite of necessary dependances
> more
> raised than the current versions installed.

wow. i guess this is cut & pasted from some translation
software... :)

hope i read your post correctly -- here goes:

with the debian "apt-get" command you can install packages
from your CD or directly from a local file:/ directory or
through the internet via http:// or ftp:// protocols.

the command "apt-setup" will start you off; if you have the
standard CD roms, you can start from there.

one of the nice things about APT-GET is that it will resolve the
dependencies automatically.

for more details, see
http://www.eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc/apt-get-intro.html

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc