Re: Java jdk1.3 on Potato

Do you have the file "libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2" ? (the number at the
end is important?

If not, you could try creating a symlink to the C++ lib you have
but it probably won't run properly (most likely will be binary
incompatible).

Another solution is to build the jdk against the lib you have (but you
don't have the jdk sources, right?)

The only other way I can think of would be to rebuild libstdc++ to the
correct version or find an already-compiled binary compatible version.

You may want to try some open source solutions like gcj and kaffe.
gcj can compile to Java bytecode or native machine code.  Kaffe can
compile to bytecode and also interprets bytecode.  (the 2 are supposed
to work together well).  I had a (very) small threading project once
that I used gcj, kaffe, and Sun's jdk to test.  (both on my machine
and the Solaris systems in the lab).

HTH,
-D