Re: Debian. Gonna give it a whirl :)

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 02:44:59PM +0000, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
| Hello,
| I have to work ou what would be cheaper to do !
| Approximately how much data are we talking about -- I have
| just a 56k dialup ... I can get the CD's in Holland for about
| 8 guldens each...
|
| Cliff

How much do you pay for your dialup?  In the US dialups are commonly
$20/mo for unlimited access (though upgrading through it would be
slow).  How much is 8 guldens worth?  If it isn't much, then it is
probably just easier to get new CDs.  If all I had was a dialup line
then I would definitely get CDs for an initial install.

Do you know someone with a fast connection and a CD burner?  CDR's are
usually ~$1 US.  I have used this method in the past.

HTH,
-D