Re: Packaging Policy.

> As others pointed out this is quit acceptable.  But there is a but:)
> Official packages are tested/screned, and at least uptill now I trust
> them.  Now comes some one I don't no, telling me he has fixed some
> probs.  Nice nice, but would I want to handover my system to this guy?
> No, I wouldn't. Installing a deb has to be done as root, and noway am
> I going to run a prog as root of someone I don't know.  No doubt
> you're trustworthy, but I don't know for sure.  But if you would
> provide the diffs, I could check for myself that you did you job and
> nothing more and would be able to compile it for myself.  So please
> put the diffs up somewhere too so that "apt-get source package" would
> work.

As posted just recently there has been an adoption of fetchmail with the
blessing of the current fetchmail maintainer, so I won't be putting
anything up anywhere :)

I will probably assist the new maintainer tho if necessary, as I have
already played with both 5.6.0 and 5.6.2, which are the two latest
versions of fetchmail.

At any rate, its been interesting gauging the responses of the debian
community - I could take the line that says "well ive got what I want" and
ignore the broader community, but these responses have been positive
enough to lean my thinking the other way.

Corey Popelier.