Re: Netscape 6 for Linux ?

irvine <irvine.russell@edu.hel.fi> writes:

> I was reading that there is a netscape
> version 6 available for Linux. Has anyone
> tried it out? Can anyone foresee any
> problems in me downloading it and installing
> on my computer.

I tried it.  No problems installing it at all. BUT, I don't recommend
using it.  NN6 is just a re-packaged Mozilla milestone 18, which is
not very fresh.  There have been at least two more releases of Mozilla
since M18, so NN6 is quite outdated.  Also, you have to register NN6,
which I found a cumbersome pocess; you don't have to register Mozilla.

All that said, either of the browsers is by no means a finished
product.  They are slow, bulky, and buggy.  Gotta say that I love
Mozilla's rendering engine + international languages support.
--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.