Re: [2.4.0] migration to devfs

Ethan Benson wrote:
> i have heard all the arguments for devfs (long ago on linux-kernel) i
> still don't want it.  i just want the option to leave it off is that
> so much to ask?

I'm puzzled. You're saying you are a subscriber to linux-kernel. So why
are you posting your drivel *here*?

The users of Debian can do nothing about whether the linux kernel
continues to offer the option of not using devfs.

The developers of Debian will do nothing about whether the linux kernel
continues to offer the option of not using devfs.

All you are managing to do is piss off Debian users and developers who
have better things to do than listen to you bitch and moan about a
hypothetical that is outside their control anyway. If I see another
message from you on this thread that is substantially the same as the
9 you just posted, then I will probably killfile you. That would be a
pity, if at some time in the future you had a legitimate problem with part
of Debian which I am responsible for, and were unable to communicate it
to me.

So if you have a problem with something, talk to the authors. Spewing
bile across the lists of an unrelated project is just going to be
conterproductive for you in the long run.

--
see shy jo