Re: [2.4.0] migration to devfs

To quote Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>,
# i fail to see how typing:
#
# /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
#
# instead of /dev/hda1 or /dev/wd0a whenever i need to do anything
# related to raw devices is a performance improvment.  nor is writing
# huge kludgy initscripts or bloated daemons just so i can do:

He didn't say that it was a performance improvement. He was asking. No
need act like it was a personal attack.

# anyway thats just my rant on the subject, if you like devfs use it,
# but leave it an OPTION so i can leave it off.  (and not an `option'
# like proc has become where you have the option to turn off and have a
# useless broken system)

You might want to consider changing your attitude a bit. These people
are putting in how much time for free? If devfs becomes one of those
"must-have for a useable system" options, then put your effort where
your mouth is and work on the code.

Show some gratitude. Say, every now and then, "Thank you Linus, you've
given me a Free Unix-close which I use." That's not so hard, is it?

Dave