Re: Package pools and Japanese Debian problems

Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I use Japanese Debian, and ever since pools were introduced I've not
>been able to update many packages at all without download errors,

It looks like ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/ is badly broken; it doesn't
know about package pools. I expect it will get progressively more broken
as time goes on and more packages from the pool move into woody. If the
admins of that machine don't know, they need to fix it (symlinking
/debian-jp/pool to /debian/pool might do for now? I don't know how
debian-jp operates).

On the other hand, ftp.debian.or.jp/debian/ looks fine.

>and new revisions seem to be far less frequent.

Yes, that's because you're running woody, which is now testing, not
unstable. debian-jp doesn't seem to have caught up with this either, so
their mirroring may well be going wrong.

Cheers,