Re: Previous post: modem hangup
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Previous post: modem hangup
- From: "Eric G . Miller" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:04:34 -0800
- Message-id: <20010106150434.C11028@calico.local>
- Mail-followup-to: "Eric G . Miller" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:01:32AM -0800
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:01:32AM -0800, David S. Bach wrote:
> Last week there was a post about avoiding a modem hangup by
> specifying /dev/cua??? instead of /dev/ttyS?.
/dev/cu?? has been deprecated for some time now (years even). Are you
saying you want the modem to keep the line open, even when the
connection is dead?
> Can someone please forward to me? I've been having this problem for a
> long time and wanted to implement the solution, but now I cannot find
> the message.
Eric G. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>