Re: back to stable

Knud =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8rensen?= <knud@mobilethink.dk> wrote:
>"David B. Harris" wrote:
>> To quote Knud Sørensen <knud@mobilethink.dk>,
>> # apt-get got over 40 packets to install including X windows 4.0
>>
>> Not surprising. gnome-db is even now developmental software; it would
>> require lots of new GNOME stuff :
>>
>> # 1) So, How do I return to stable ??
>>
>> You remove each and every one of those 40 packages that were installed,
>> and you pray :) You did keep a list of those packages, didn't you? :)
>
>That what i have tried to but some of the packets
>pre or post remove scripts fails!

Edit the scripts in /var/lib/dpkg/info/<package>.prerm (or postrm, or
preinst or postinst for install scripts), find out what's causing them
to fail (changing '#!/bin/sh' on the first line to '#!/bin/sh -x' will
give you a trace and make it very obvious where they're failing), fix
them, and try removing them again. Oh, and please file a bug against the
relevant packages if one hasn't been filed already.

>So, is the any way to remove a packet without running them. ?

You could always move them out of the way and carry out the actions they
perform manually.

Cheers,