Re: xinetd, tcpd (tcpwrappers), twist

-> Greetings friends. Perhaps someone here can help me. (BTW -- a CC
-> would sure be nice, if you reply. :)
->
-> I am trying to build a short and sweet http redirector using the
-> twist function from hosts_options(5). I did this before, with ftp,
-> and inetd. Trouble is, now I am using a machine with xinetd
-> (Version 2.1.8.9pre11) and I cannot get the service to be used
-> twice -- it works once, then xinetd quits!
->
-> The xinetd.d directory entry I am using contains:
-> service httpd-redir
-> {
-> 	identifier	= httpd-redir
-> 	port		= 6080
-> 	protocol	= tcp
-> 	type		= UNLISTED
-> 	flags		= NAMEINARGS
-> 	socket_type	= stream
-> 	wait		= no
-> 	user		= root
-> 	server		= /usr/sbin/tcpd
-> 	server_args	= /usr/sbin/in.httpd-redir
-> 	log_on_failure	+= USERID
-> }
->
-> The /etc/hosts.allow file contains:
-> in.httpd-redir : ALL : twist echo -en 'Hi'

hmmm, you can skip tcpd, NAMEINARGS, and put "httpd-redir" instead of
"in.http-redir" into hosts.allow - xinetd is linked with libwrap on debian

-> When running xinetd with:  xinetd -reuse -pidfile /var/run/xinetd.pid -d
-> I get error messages thus: 00/12/29@12:14:47: DEBUG: {main_loop} select returned 1
->
-> The whole bit says:
->
-> 00/12/29@12:14:44: WARNING: {attr_lookup} bad attribute: identifier [line=6]

well, that should be "id" not "identifier"

-> In any event, if you know what I can do to fix that stupid error, I would
-> *love* to hear it! ;)

hm what does httpd-redir manual say ? maybe it has to be run with "wait=yes"
option cause it multiplexes connections by itself
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.217 / Virová báze: 102 - datum vydání: 1/12/2000