Re: Quick questions

arthur@linuxbox.nu wrote:

> I was wondering, could you get a base Debian system installed by
> downloading from <debian>/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/:
>
> base2_2.tgz
> images-1.44/rescue.bin
> images-1.44/root.bin
>
> Then install the rest of the system when I get networking configured?

I tried this just last night, and it worked.  I mounted the new
partition on /mnt, chroot'ed to that point, ran lilo, and it worked.  I
was running a fully-funcional debian system at the time; don't know how
this affected my success.  YMMV.

> Also, how do you rebuild the package listings?  Is there a quick way of
> rebuilding Packages and Packages.gz?

 $ apt-get update

--
-=|JP|=-                "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions   -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3  2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C