Re: 4 Mouse buttons with gpm?

> > I've got a Logitech 4 button "MouseMan" (according to the label) mouse, and I can't get gpm to repeat the fourth button; it keeps being repeated as button 2.
> Don't know if this solves your problem, but you definitely should use
> "repeat_type=raw" here.  And to complement the use of "raw" you should
> specify the corresponding types/protocols for X and for gpm.

It's still only behaving as if it had 3 buttons; button 4 is still being button 2.

Thanks for that, I'm definitely closer now :-).  I think I just need to get gpm to talk the equivalent of X's "MouseManPlusPS/2", like perhaps the mouse is detecting that it's being accessed in a 3 button protocol or something and translating the buttons for me.  Hmm.

I'll have a chat with the GPM authors directly.

Cheers,
--
Sam Vilain, sam@vilain.net        WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
GPG public key: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc