Re: debian on a red hat system

> Pat Woolley wrote:
>
> Hi
> I use mandrake 7 and I am very happy with it.  However I would like to
> be able to install debian packages on my system. As I see it there are
> two ways possible. Convert debian to rpm or install dselect on my
> system.

Try alien.

 $ alien -r package.deb

It should be a part of your distribution.  Just so you know, the debs
are probably packaged against different libraries than what you have on
your Mdk system, and some apps just might not work right.

--
-=|JP|=-                "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions   -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3  2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C