Gcc broken. How to fix?

Hi all,

I had a crash on my laptop (battery died) which has left
me with a broken GCC.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling task-c-dev but now
I get the following:

  root@dizzy > apt-get install
task-c-dev
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Sorry, task-c-dev is already the newest version
  0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
  1 packages not fully installed or removed.
  Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
  Setting up libtool (1.3.3-9.1) ...
  Configuring libtool...
  Configuration name missing.
  Usage: ./config.sub CPU-MFR-OPSYS
  or     ./config.sub ALIAS
  where ALIAS is a recognized configuration type.
  dpkg: error processing libtool (--configure):
   libtool

Does anybodu have any idea of how to fix this?

Thanks,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes its valid)
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound
they make as they go flying by."  -- Douglas Adams