Re: glibc devel info pages

    Ben> No, __USE_GNU is defined, unless one of the other _XXX_SOURCE
    Ben> macros are also defined (like _SVID_SOURCE or _XOPEN_SOURCE,
    Ben> or similar). Most likely the program you are compiling is
    Ben> defining one of these aswell. In that case, yes, you do have
    Ben> to define _GNU_SOURCE explicitly.

No - my code does not define any of these, unless it is defined in one
of the standard include files. All I have is:

#include <time.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdarg.h>

The only constant defined, on the command line, is HAVE_CONFIG_H
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>