Re: shutdown problem

Many thanks to people who replied.  Yes,  removing /etc/shutdown.allow
helps.  I put a username in that file,  the user I log in for everyday's
working.  dont know why it caused the problem.

I also found a symptom as well: `who` did not return anything.

I think I am going to use sudo to shutdown,  which I found easy to
configure too.

happy holidays!