	posted by Krow on Monday December 18, @02:10PM
	from the quick-install-program dept.

	Bernd Eckenfels writes "I would like
	to turn slash into a Debian Package. I
	just posted the ITP Request
	(#79858) to the Debian List and
	will wait if anybody has objections.
	Has anybody done work on slash?

	I intend to build a slash_1.1.0-1_i386.deb
	package soon.

	I am not quite sure if I should name the package
	slash or slash1.1 since, as i understand it is a new
	codebase. But I doubt anybody wants tu run 1.0
	and 1.1 on the same system? Will anybody want to
	install old versions one bender has become
	mature?

	Greetings
	Bernd"

	I wouldn't think they would. None of us has had the
	time to build a debian package yet (or RPM) but
	this is something we would like to start giving out
	during the beta. So, if someone can automate either
	of these, we will probably at it to the ditribution.

THIS would be a cool debian package!

--
volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc