where'd my 1600x1200 go?

Howdy.

When I first started using Debian a few weeks ago, I got 1600x1200 in my X with 16-bit color. I no longer can do better than 1152x864.
I have a S3 Savage4 card, which works OK in other OS's... and I have been sticking with tthe stable packages.... I have been thru xf86config and XF86Setup a number of times....

ideas?

thx
jon

==
--
...They assimilate entire elections and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn *here*.  This far!  No farther!  And *I* will make them PAY for what they've done.

Get your spam-free, Linux email now --> http://www.linuxwaves.com