Re: cut-and-paste

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 11:59:50 -0800, Robin Rowe said:

-> Is there a cut-and-paste how-to or FAQ somewhere?
->
->  1. What are cut, copy, paste, and undo keys that would be equivalent to
->  ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, and ctrl-z keys in Windows?

In apps that don't have copy/paste menu's, you can just highlight the text
that you want, then middle click where you want it to be pasted.

->  2. What is gpm supposed to do and why does running it freeze my mouse in X?

IIRC, gpm add's mouse support to console based applications.
I don't think you need to execute it from the command line, it should be
running in
the background.

--
cheers,