Re: cdr recomendations

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 05:21:21PM +1030, David Purton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a cd writer.
>
> The howto suggests that most ide drives should work fine with Linux.
>
> But I was just wondering what modals people have had good results with and
> more importantly if there are any to avoid.

Of about 8 different IDE models installed, none have ever presented a
problem.

Here's what I use in my home machine. It has burned about around a
thousand discs without a hitch:

  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX140E    Rev: 1.0c

It's an 8x/4x/32x (write/rewrite/read). Going price is around $130 US.