Re: cdr recomendations

I got a CDR from Sony several years ago.  It developed some problems,
and I was really impressed with the way they worked with me to fix
them and ultimately took it in for warranty repair work (which did fix
the problem).

It's an IDE and I haven't yet braved the necessary screwing around to
get it to work under Linux (you need to install a driver that makes
the IDE look like a SCSI).  You might also want to consider your
threshhold for that kind of activity before going with IDE.

Finally, the CD burning software under Linux seems a bit obscure.
There are various packages to choose from.  I looked at several; all
seemed bereft of documentation or immediately obvious user
interfaces.  Perhaps they would have looked better if I had something
they could write to hooked up :)

P.S. All my CD burning software was broken by the switch to Windows
2000.  Not a bad reason to favor free software.