Re: Debian CD in store

If you saw it in Software, etc. it is most likely 2.1(slink), as they are
usually horribly out of date with their distributions (they still have Redhat
5.2 at my local store).  It the package has a VA-Linux logo on it, it is 2.1 as
they packaged a slink distribution (and screwed it up a bit as well from what I
hear).

Also, Debian 2.2 (potato) uses kernel version 2.2.17 no matter how you get it.
Your best bet is to get 2.2r2 from cheapbytes.com, as almost every retail or
book-bundled debian cd I've seen is 2.1.

-Rob