Starup script - how can I make it start later? (Firestarter)

I need to start a script containing ipchains settings derived freom
Firestarter. The docs suggest I start the script in /etc/rc.x. If I do
this, on boot up I get error messages which do not occur if I run the
script after the system has rebooted. This leads me to summise that the
script is starting too early. How can I make sure it is the last thing to
run on boot up?

Anyone else using Firstarter? The script is firewall.sh and contains
ipchains references.

I can try it again and copy over the error messages I receive on boot, but
I don't know how to get these messages again to copy - they appear during
boot up but they are not in /var/log/messages or /var/log/system.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000