apt-get source question

This is an abbreviated re-post. My original posting is in the archives
here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0012/msg01267.html

Is there a way to find out exactly from where apt-get is planning to
fetch a particular package?

The reason I need to know this is because of a bug in apt-get, found
and reported by a few people before me... (see original posting).

What I want to do is to make a list of the packages that are going
to be installed, together with the intended fetch location and the
relevant dependencies. A bit like this:

foo is located on "Debian 2.2r0 Binary 1"
-> bar is located on "Debian 2.2r0 Binary 2"
-> bob is located on "Debian 2.2r0 Binary 1"

Where foo depends on bar and bob, but bob doesn't depend on bar.
Armed with this information I would do "apt-get install bar" then
"apt-get install foo", and it would work, as foo and bob are on
the same CD.

Any script ideas gratefully received!

--
Best regards,