IRQ: how to find out which is to be used?

  I have internal modem (real one, it works, the question is not about
it and I know I should get external one:-) which acts as a serial port.
It is ISA PnP card, can use different IRQs.

  My main question is: how do I find out which IRQ it uses using linux
tools?

  the only way I can do it now is boot windows and peek into control
panel|system (btw it uses either 9 or 11)

  I have also a strange related story to contribute: I have this modem
along with other cards (ISA: sb awe 64, PCI: voodoo 3, network card
lne100tx) and it has been using IRQ 11 for ages. Since the network card
does not work properly, I taken all the cards out (except of
video&network) and tested the network card (just to see if there are any
strange confilcts, becuase previously I noticed that network card
conflicted with soundcard when inserted in particular PCI slot (even
though soundcardis ISA card)). No config files were changed, AFAIK.

  Later on I put all the cards back into computer (exactly the same
slots) and suddenly I noticed that modem works incredibly slow, it
couldn't connect (timeouts). I suspected IRQ so I rebooted win95 and
sure enough, IRQ for the modem was now 9 (it was 11 before). I rebooted
back to linux, changed IRQ to 9 and now the modem works.

  neither 9 nor 11 is used by anything else. however, network card used
to be 9 and now is 10.

  any ideas why was the irq changed?

  thanks in advance

	erik