Re: mysql-server broken

Jens Gecius <jens@gecius.de> writes:

> Hi folks!
>
> This time I really need help on short term.
>
> After my last dist-upgrade tonight mysql-server is broken. It always
> gets an error in the postinst script. I tried to get it manually to
> work, I tried to dpkg -i the old version (my current version is -8),
> didn't work.

I found out, that mysqld is always seg-faulting. Even if I downgrade
via dpkg to 3.23.28-1 (this happened after upgrade to -7, actually,
not -8 of my original post) it is segfaulting. Because even older
versions are seg-faulting, I tried to downgrade all mysql-related
packages, but even then it is seg-faulting. I don't know by which
package this was caused (everything else at that dist-upgrade went
well).

If you like, you can take a look at the strace-output here:

http://gecius.de/mysqld-3.23.28-gamma.strace

I have NO clue, what to do and which package caused this :-(

Any Ideas?

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt