Re: Need advice: Compaq Presarios and Debian

Inform Compaq that M$ isn't the only OS vendor. :-)

I have a Compaq Presario (don't get one, it's better to build your own comp from
parts) that came with Windows 98 preinstalled.  I added RedHat to it (first 5.2
- didn't like my video card,  then 6.1 , now 7.0 ).  I am planning on installing
Debian Potato early next week.

I wonder why your BIOS got flashed.  You probably should have installed a better
BIOS ;-).  My BIOS can't boot from the second IDE bus, thus I can't use LILO and
must first boot DOS and run loadlin.

-D