cron/at question.

I played around with cron and at last night and successfully started radio
with it (yeah, right, a US$1000 clock radio :-)

Three questions:

1) both cron and at seem to run programs in the background. However there
is no pid when I do a ps aux, so how do I stop a job from running?
2) can cron or at jobs be run as one-liners? Eventually I want to write a
perl of sh script (not that I know how, but I want to try) incorporating
one of the two. For cron you need to use an editor to write the command, at
comes with its own prompt.
3) how can I change the default editor for cron. vi is too cumbersome for me.

Cheerio,

Hans
---

It's nice to be liked, but better by far to get paid -- Liz Phair