Re: SCSI Tape Drive on a HP NetServer E60

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:12:08AM +0800, Patrick Cheong Shu Yang wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I have just installed Linux onto a HP NetServer E60 which uses the Adaptec
> AIC7XXX. I am attempting to restore users data into /export/home from a
> tape but have been unable to. I have used the mt command to determine
> the status of the drive (/dev/st0, /dev/rst0 and nrst0) but to no avail.
> It keeps telling me the device is not present. When I do a ls -l /dev/*st*
> , I can see the devices. Can someone please help me? If more info is need
> mail me so that I can provide more details. Thx.

My apologies for the earlier mail (see above). It would seem that when we got the machine from HP, the SCSI
tape drive power cable was attached but the data cable. SO the problem is now solved and I am using the
st.o module to load the tape and perform backup. Again, my apologies. I should have checked that first before mailing
 the list.