Installing Debian/2.2r2 Over Existing Redhat/6.2 System

Shalom!

I've been reading about the Debian distribution (I guess I should
probably refer to it as GNU/Linux), and last week ordered a 3-CD set
from CheapBytes.  Looking forward to its arrival.

Trying to be a good sysadmin for my home system, and I'm curious: has
anyone installed Debian/2.2r2 over an existing Redhat/6.2 installation?
I don't want/need to change ANY partition information, nor do I want to
over-write my current kernel/modules information (I've got a nicely
customized 2.2.17 setup, with Win4Lin patches) or my Win4Lin
installation.

So, anyone care to share her/his experiences/wisdom with me?

TIA!

--
JONATHAN B. HOREN                            UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
horen@post.tau.ac.il                                        IUCC/MACHBA