Re: new (using modconf)

> > Hello,I am very new to Debian,I was wondering,when I did the
install did I have
> > to specify the modules for my network card and soundblaster live?
Also,how do I
<snip>

> You can specify them during the install. The installer calls
'modconf'
> which lets you pick the modules you want, specify parameters etc.
This
> is almost certainly still installed, so try running it as root.

I've got a related question to this...

During installation (and later on), I selected, for example,
"scsi-emulation", "scsi support", etc (in order for my cd-writer to
work). I also chose the modules that should get my SoundBlaster 64 to
work. Neither do... "lsmod" does show "sg", "scsi emulation",
"awe_32", "soundcore", "soundlow", etc, etc. It certainly looks like
the right items are there.

Problem: When I run xcdroast, it complains that I don't have SCSI
emulation. No cd-writers show up. Also, running most sound apps like
xmms complains about the wrong plugin (neither liboss nor libesound
work) and that there's no "/dev/dsp" file. There is and it's owned by
root/audio. I added myself to the audio group. I've also ran at one
point /dev/MAKEDEV sound (or audio -- don't remember which, but I do
know that one did *not* work, so I ran the other).

Still pluggin' away !! ;-)

Thanks in advance
Hall