Re: setting up dns

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:27:55AM -0600, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I have managed to get named running, but there is no /vary/named dir.
>
> Debian keeps the zone files under /var/cache/bind

I believe this is where zone files retrieved via zone transfers are
kept, but I think the intent was that all zone files that you are
primarily authoritative for should be kept in /etc/bind.  I put mine
in /etc/bind/primary just to be clear :)

I'm not sure where the "new" zone files are put when you're doing
dynamic dns updates though.  I wouldn't want those being written to
/etc/bind!

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.