Re: Xemacs 21.1 and Gnus 5.8.3

Well, I finally arrived at a work-around of sorts.

I removed the Gnus 5.8.3 package and then ran the gnus included with
Xemacs 21 package which happened to be Gnus 5.6.45.  I found it worked
just fine, so after getting the groups I wanted I used it to kill the
nndoc+gnus-help:gnus-help group it installs with a new start, i.e. no
~/.newsrc* file of any sort.  After doing this I re-installed Gnus 5.8.3
and find it now works flawlessly.  It only retrieves the article count
for the subscribed groups and the in-line MIME is fantastic!  Now I just
need to learn the basics of elisp and figure how to customize Xemacs and
Gnus for a kick @$$ newsreader.

Thanks to everyone that offered help.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good