Re: exim doesn't deliver

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 09:49:16PM -0200, chiappa@centroin.com.br wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use exim+fetchmail. Fetchmail is fetching emails from my
> ISP without problems. The problem is with exim, because after fetchmail
> sends the messages to exim for local delivery, all messages are frozen in
> /var/spool/exim/input and in /var/spool/msglog appear a lot of messages,
> all of them saying the following:
>
> "local_delivery transport deferred: mailbox /var/spool/mail/myaccount has
> wrong uid (0 != 1000)
> *** Frozen"
>
> What should be the correct uid? how can I change it?

Wild-ass guess here, but it looks like the mbox is owned by root.
That's wrong, unless you regularly log in as root (and if you do
you've got more problems then you thought :)

Your UID is most likely 1000.  This is the first UID assigned to joe
user, and it's also the uid exim thinks the file should have :)

Head on over to /var/spool/mail and fix the permissions.  I like to
use the "sudo" package when root privs are required for such activity.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.