Re: page copy

on Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 08:02:34PM -0200, Tom (tom@splicenet.com.br) wrote:
> How can I copy a html page completily ?
> Because I`m need copy the install manual of the debian 2.2 from Debian page.

My preferred solution is to print to file.

Rather than using the PtF function of Nutscrape, I replace the print
command with:

    mpage -2 > /tmp/netscape.ps

Substituting for the output file as desired.  The advantage is that the
postscript output includes images and other content from the original,
and doesn't require returning to the original site for updates.  My
complaint is that Netscape no longer provides a data and/or URL on
printed output -- this can be very helpful.  IIRC, early 3.0.X versions
did do this (or had the option to do so).  Very helpful documentation
trick.

You can also use the print function as a previewer by using:

    mpage -w | gv -antialias -seascape -magstep 1 -letter -

...as your default print command.

Note that the kids in the back of the class have figured out that they
can substitute arbitrary commands in this place, to make life pleasant
for friends and cow-orkers.