exim+logrotate

Hello!

I have a few questions, and I will appreciate very much any help:

1) I have entries for exim in /etc/cron.d, /etc/cron.daily/ and
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d. I can understand the last entry, it starts exim when I
dial-up my ISP. Why the first two?

2) I have an entry for logrotate in /etc/cron.daily, this entry starts
logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf as its argument. The file
logrotate.conf is at the end of this message. I would like to know if it
is a normal logrotate.conf file, or if it is necessary to change anything,
because there exist logs in /var/log with entries older than 4 weeks...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Marcelo

logrotate.conf file:
# rotate log files weekly
weekly

# keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
rotate 4

# send errors to root
errors root

# create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
create

# uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
#compress

# RPM packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d

# no packages own wtmp or btmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
logrotate.conf: unmodified, readonly: line 1
    rotate 1
}

/var/log/btmp {
    missingok
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

# system-specific logs may be configured here

E-Mail: chiappa@centroin.com.br